Some files, when converted to PDF have very large file sizes. This is typically due to the images that are inside the PDF file. The following procedure should enable you to reduce the file size of your PDF.
- Open your word document and click 'save as' click on options (beside the save button), and click compress images
- Click print, and then select PDF Pro as the printer
- Click printer properties, and press setup, and reduce the resolution
- Press Print, and in the new dialogue box, click PDF settings
- Click images, and then select the down sampling that you wish to apply to your document.